During Mayor Peters’ administration, smart progressive legislation was implemented to support families, enhance infrastructure, address public safety concerns, create jobs, safeguard city resources, and restore civility to city politics.
A few notable achievements during her time in office include:
- Initiated a multi year plan to implement a $15 an hour living wage.
- Secured city’s first every bond rating.
- Secured financing and design plans for the new City Hall Government Complex.
- Supported and encouraged the construction of affordable housing directly across from the East Point MARTA Station.
- Secured financing and design plans for the Chief Rosemary Cloud Fire Station and Training Facility.
- Refinanced city debt to obtain better interest rates.
- Implemented East Point Path, the City’s 20 mile Master Trail Project.
- Implemented the first ever Small Business Incentive Program.
- Consecutive years of crime reduction.
In the News
Check out the stories where Mayor Peters made the news!